jailkit-dev

[Jailkit-dev] [bug #23100] --prefix Problem

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: [Jailkit-dev] [bug #23100] --prefix Problem
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 12:53:43 +0000

Follow-up Comment #8, bug #23100 (project jailkit):

I took a look at the changes. I'm not sure whether making use of the PATH
environment variable is the right way to go. It may make things simpler, but
may also be a cause of errors. Think of different versions of the binary that
you want to get into the chroot jail in the PATH? As far as I can see, it will
pick up the first? (I have to admit I haven't tried yet)

For me as a porter, its actually not a problem to update the fully qualified
paths in the example jk_init.ini file to make the paths fit for OpenBSD. I'll
prefer to use the full path to the binary, just to be sure it picks up the
right one every time. I only thought that at least the files that get
installed with jailkit should get the right path in the configuration file,
since ./configure knows where they end up in the system. I added the
ini/Makefile.in and the .ini.in files for all files in the directory, but IIRC
the only file that actually gets changed in the end is the jk_init.ini.

And what about the still hardcoded paths in py/jk_check.in and
py/jk_jailuser.py?
>From the last tarball I updated, there in the jailkit-patch2, the patches to
py/Makefile.in, and py/jk_check.in?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?23100>