jailkit-dev

Re: [Jailkit-dev] Wildcarded allowed jails

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-dev] Wildcarded allowed jails
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:39:45 +0200

Fred Cox wrote:
Currently, jk_uchroot.ini doesn't allow a wildcard for the
allowed_jails.

Our application requires us to dynamically generate a jail directory,
then allow the user to be jailed to the new directory.

is it a single user that may chroot into many jails?

Either we need to dynamically changes jk_uchroot.ini, or we need
entries like this:

allowed_jails = /home/chrootusers/*

Please find attached a patch that does this.

Thoughts?

dirs_equal() is also used in other jailkit utilities. I think glob() would be a much better solution (and it would allow /foo/*/bar/) .

Olivier