jailkit-dev

Re: [Jailkit-dev] Makefile.in fixes

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-dev] Makefile.in fixes
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 20:35:05 +0200

Andreas Schneider wrote:
Hi,

I'm packaging jailkit for openSUSE in the Build Service [1]. You can
download it via the Software frontend [2].

I had to modify the Makefile.in files to get it packaged. There was no
DESTDIR variable to install it in a buildroot and you force user and
group id. This is not possible cause the build is normally running as a
user and the packaging system sets the appropriate rights then.

but installing as non-root makes Jailkit unusable. So for non-packagers (people that build from source) the 'make install' should fail if it cannot install files as user root.. Is there a better way of doing this?

Olivier