jailkit-dev

Re: [Jailkit-dev] Patch for displaying cwd on shell execution

From: Brian Shire
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-dev] Patch for displaying cwd on shell execution
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 00:37:49 -0700

On Jun 9, 2007, at 12:33 AM, Olivier Sessink wrote:

Brian Shire wrote:
Hello,
I currently use the following patch for my host, and thought others might find it useful. This adds the current working directory to the error log when an invalid shell command is issued: http://tekrat.com/gitweb_public/gitweb.cgi? p=jailkit;a=commitdiff;h=532740c72b78a9bc4101ef87817eaa3798dae194

I have no objections against this patch, but can you describe how this helps you?

We run a server with multiple virtual directories, so the error itself isn't useful unless we know which path to look under and thus narrow our search for vulnerable code or other problems. Let me know if there are other ways to do this or if it doesn't make sense.

Was also thinking of adding a way to determine more precisely the actual script/executing code name, but not sure if I'll have a generic way to do this that could be acceptable for a public project.

Other changes are listed here:
http://tekrat.com/gitweb_public/gitweb.cgi?p=jailkit;a=summary

I see that you found an issue in iniparser.c too! I'll have to check if this is still present in the current version...

Possibly, I made the patches a while back sorry for now just getting to posting them ;-). Feel free to use anything in that git repository.

-shire