jailkit-dev

Re: [Jailkit-dev] more jk_jailuser bugs

From: Stephen Tallowitz
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-dev] more jk_jailuser bugs
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:38:23 +0100

Hello Oli,

thanks for your patience in reading and answering my requests.

> > One, which seems to be a python error:
> > When the directory is moved from one filesystem to the other, all contents
> > are *created* at the new location before they get deleted at the old
> > location
> >. But the new files and directories are created with the user under
> which the
> > move is being made. So as jk_jailuser is being executed by root,
> > I now have /srv/jail/home/jailtest and all its contents owned by
> root:root.
> > Oli, as you're moving the home directory within the same filesystem, I
> > don't suppose you're seeing this problem?
>
> I have to test that, but that is a serious issue indeed...

I have had time to test that myself now. I have created a second test case,
where the jail is in /home/jail and thus resides on the same filesystem as
/home/jailtest2/. The move (of the user folder jailtest2) does not change the
ownership or the permissions of the files or directories (which is the correct
behaviour).
As soon as the move has to be made across filesystems, the ownership is changed
(however, permission bits are not changed). I'm going to file a bug report on
the python project soon.

Cheers,
Stephen