info-mtools

[Info-mtools] 4.0.28: Regression in mmd ("Disk full")

From: David Runge
Subject: [Info-mtools] 4.0.28: Regression in mmd ("Disk full")
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 00:24:02 +0200

Hi!

When updating the mtools package to 4.0.28 for Arch Linux I noticed a
regression in mmd which leads to it exiting with a non-zero status code,
although successfully creating a directory.

This can be reproduced with the attached script.
With 4.0.27 mmd will create the directory and exit with a status code of
0.
With 4.0.28 three "Disk full" messages are emitted (the directory is
created though!) and mmd exits with a status code of 1.

As our distribution's installation medium tooling depends on mtools, I'd
be happy to try any patches for this as I will otherwise have to
downgrade the package.

Best,
David

--