info-mtools

Re: [Info-mtools] Trouble accessing 2M formatted disks

From: Yuri van Oers
Subject: Re: [Info-mtools] Trouble accessing 2M formatted disks
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 00:19:31 +0200

According to the mtools documentation at
http://www.gnu.org/software/mtools/manual/mtools.html#SEC10
"Mtools recognizes these formats transparently where supported."

Which makes me think I'm supposed to use /dev/fd0 (which it does by
default), instead of /dev/fd0u* .

Nevertheless, I did try adjusting mtools.conf so it uses other device
files, but none of them worked.

The device files look fine to me:
$ ls -l /dev/fd0*
brw-rw---- 1 root floppy 2,   0 Sep 18  2012 /dev/fd0