info-mtools

Re: [Mtools] compiling 4.0.0 on Solaris 9

From: Alain Knaff
Subject: Re: [Mtools] compiling 4.0.0 on Solaris 9
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 15:12:03 +0100

Zube wrote:
> Compiling 4.0.0 on Solaris 9 sparc initially fails because Solaris 9's
> wchar.h does not contain some of the functions needed, such as wcsdup().
                                                         ^^^^^^^
Sorry, I don't have access to a Solaris 9 box right now. You seem to
imply that there are other functions than wcsdup which are missing on
Solaris. Could you supply me a list of them, that will make it easyer
for me to supply replacements for it.

> Commenting out the HAVE_WCHAR_H and HAVE_WCTYPE_H bits in config.h gets
> me almost there.  However, charsetConv.c uses wcsnlen() and the obvious
> define of:

This would basically fall back on an Latin1-only behavior (no UTF-8)...

> define wcsnlen strnlen
>
> does not work because strnlen() is not defined in Solaris 9.
>
> Cheers,
> Zube

Regards,

Alain