info-mtools

Re: [Mtools] Mtools for windows

From: Jamey Sharp
Subject: Re: [Mtools] Mtools for windows
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 20:05:56 -0700

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 04:40:17PM -0300, Flavio Vinicius wrote:
> I would like to know if there are any pre-compiled mtools binaries for
> windows? If not, is it possible to compile it using windows?

Josh Triplett and I patched mtools to be compilable with mingw, so that
we could run it on Windows for similar reasons. I believe our patches
are included in the latest releases; or get the source we started from,
our patches, and the configure script arguments we used here:
        http://source.thetovacompany.com/
Note that we ran the mingw port of GCC under Linux, and cross-compiled.
Your configure script arguments will be different if you compile in
Windows.

We don't have pre-compiled binaries available, however.

--Jamey