info-mtools

Re: [Mtools] amuFormat.sh in bash instead csh

From: Peter Jeremy
Subject: Re: [Mtools] amuFormat.sh in bash instead csh
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 06:24:23 +1000

On 2007-May-11 15:56:54 +0200, Adam Tkac <address@hidden> wrote:
>I've rewritten amuFormat.sh script to bash because bash is used much
>more than csh. Are you going to include modified script in next release?

Since mtools is intended to be portable, I would suggest that csh is a
better choice than bash.  If you want to get away from csh (which I
would support), please use '/bin/sh' and assume either Bourne or POSIX.
Looking through the patch, the only bits that would need changing are
some of the [ ... ] syntax.

--
Peter Jeremy