info-mtools

Re: [mtools] mtools drive designation

From: Alain Knaff
Subject: Re: [mtools] mtools drive designation
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:14:29 +0200

Try the following

 drive z: file="/dev/sda"

where sda is the name of your LS-120 device.

If this is not the first SCSI hard disk seen, try cat /proc/scsi/scsi
to get the correct order (sdb for second, sdc for third, etc).

N.B. Only count hard-disk like devices, not CD-Roms.

Example:

> cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: Compaq   Model: DVD-ROM DVD-114  Rev: 1.14
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: SanDisk  Model: Cruzer           Rev: 2.00
  Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Also in my example, the SanDisk device shows up second, it is still
sda, as the CD-ROM does not count.

N.B. If the device is partitioned (unlikely for a floppy...), append a
number from 1 to 4 for the partition:

 drive z: file="/dev/sda1"

Alain

begin  Monday 19 April 2004 14:00, Jim Lawrence quote: