info-mtools

[mtools] Re: mtools digest, Vol 1 #23 - 2 msgs

From: Robb Main
Subject: [mtools] Re: mtools digest, Vol 1 #23 - 2 msgs
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 22:25:49 -0400

> The last time I tried it (on my 386), some tools (nothon disk doctor,
> chkdsk?) had the number of FAT hardcoded and would refuse to repair disks
> without the second FAT.

Of course, failure to repair the image is of little concern when making a
filesystem image file. If anyone is worried of corruption with an image
file, they should maintain backup copies of the file, and/or burn a copy to
CD.

So the question is still - do I have to hack mformat to create a single-FAT
filesystem?
Are there other tools that could do the job without hacking?

Thanks,
Robb.