info-member

FSF Members Meeting 2007: "Year of the Upgrade"

From: Jeanne Rasata
Subject: FSF Members Meeting 2007: "Year of the Upgrade"
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:24:58 -0500

Speakers list and schedule for the 2007 Annual Associate Members
Meeting, Saturday March 24, MIT Cambridge MA.

This year's meeting will focus on the practical efforts underway to
increase free software adoption and strengthen the free software
movement.  With the theme "Year of the upgrade", we will discuss the FSF
campaigns and projects, and elicit a conversation with members about
where we need to focus our efforts.

Eben Moglen will set out a vision for the future with his speech “After
GPLv3”, and a panel of FSF board members will lead an interactive
discussion on the work of the FSF.

Following on from the success of last years members forum, we have
invited a few distinguished members to speak and discuss their work, and
this year we welcome Mako Hill to talk about his work “Defining free
culture”.

"Year of the upgrade"

09:15-10:00 Breakfast, registration and gpg key signing

10:00-10:20 Peter Brow, Executive Director
                “Libre Planet”

10:25-10:50 John Sullivan, Program Administrator
                “BadVista and the Campaign for Free Software Adoption”

10:50-11:05 Justin Baugh, Senior System Administrator
                “Hardware Free from Restrictions”

11:05-11:20 Joshua Ginsberg Senior System Administrator
                “FSF Systems Administration”

11:20-11:35 Break

11:35-12:00 Brett Smith, Licensing Engineer
                “Compliance and GPLv3”

12:00-12:50 Richard Stallman, President
                “The Free Software Movement”

12:50-13:50 Lunch and mini-rockbox installfast

13:50-14:50 Eben Moglen, General Counsel
                “After GPLv3”

14:50:-16:00 Board members panel and Q&A

16:00-16:15 Break

16:15-17:30 Members Forum:  Mako Hill, FSF member and researcher at
MIT's Media Lab - “Defining free culture”

19:00 Dinner at the Middle East ($)

If wish to participate in the mini-rockbox installfest, please, back-up
your music before coming to the meeting and bring a cable.

To participate in the and gpg key signing, please, bring copies of your
key fingerprint for sharing.

Also, please, let us know if you would be interested in volunteering to
coordinate the key signing.

If you wish to attend, please, RSVP to address@hidden Friday,
March 16th. There is no charge for attending.

Once again, we are also organizing a dinner for after the meeting at the
Middle East <http://www.mideastclub.com> in Cambridge, MA. The cost for
this is $25 per person (drinks are extra). You can pay for the dinner
online at the meeting information website
<http://www.fsf.org/associate/meetings/2007>

We hope to see you there!