info-gnus-english

Have message-ID set by my email server rather than by Message

From: rameiko87
Subject: Have message-ID set by my email server rather than by Message
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2023 18:44:40 +0000

Hello everyone! I'm on Emacs 29.1 and I use Message and sendmail for writing emails. I don't load Gnus but I do the easy C-x m. I can't get Emacs not to add Message-ID to my outgoing mail! I would be very grateful if some of you could help me out a little, I'm kind of a beginner. I set https://bpa.st/QLDQ and yet every email I write contains a message-ID which is set by emacs, rather than my email server.

If I customize message-user-fqdn then the Message-ID will reflect that. Therefore whatever is setting my message ID despite the config telling Message not to, is taking it from the variable message-user-fqdn!

Help is very much appreciated!