info-gnus-english

Gnus threads too many articles together

From: John Haman
Subject: Gnus threads too many articles together
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 20:18:51 -0400

Everyday I get an email from my bank saying what my account balance is. These
are all different emails, but Gnus puts them all in one thread, I think because
they have the same subject. If I go into my bank group and insert old articles,
I get

O  Jan 24, 2023     Alliant Alerts      0  Account Balance Notification
O  Jan 24, 2023     Alliant Alerts      0   ╰─►
O  Jan 25, 2023     Alliant Alerts      0     ╰─►
O  Jan 27, 2023     Alliant Alerts      0       ╰─►
O  Jan 30, 2023     Alliant Alerts      0         ╰─►
O  Jan 31, 2023     Alliant Alerts      0           ╰─►

I don't know the most informative way to ask this question, but is there a way
to make Gnus just thread distinct conversations together (like Outlook.)

I'd like to not disable threads entirely.

--
Dr. John Haman
Maryland, USA