info-gnus-english

splitting the INCOMING mailbox in nnmaildir

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: splitting the INCOMING mailbox in nnmaildir
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 18:25:21 +0200

Hi,

I've switched getting my mail in maildirs via mbsync. I'd like to split
the incoming mail in the INBOX of each maildir directory using
nnmail-split-fancy.

ATM the inbox is in the same directory as the other maildirs with the
following relevant part in mbsyncrc

MaildirStore Academie-local
Path ~/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie/
Trash Trash
SubFolders Verbatim
Inbox ~/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie/Inbox

I was considering the Inbox dir as a maildir in mail-sources but the
manual explicitly discourages this setup with :

use the same maildir both in mail-sources and as an nnmaildir group. The
results might happen to be useful, but that would be by chance, not by
design, and the results might be different in the future.

What are the risks with this setup, and what other solution would you
recommend ?

--
Julien Cubizolles