info-gnus-english

Re: How to turn off auto-fill-mode from Topic Parameters?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: How to turn off auto-fill-mode from Topic Parameters?
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 15:02:08 +0200

Adam writes:

> Is The Right Way™ to add a function to a hook instead?
>
> I just really like configuring behavior using the Topic/Group
> Parameters...

I have solved it like this now:

  (add-hook 'message-mode-hook (lambda ()
                                 (let ((group (or gnus-newsgroup-name "")))
                                   (when (string-match-p "illuminant:fediverse"
group)
                                     (auto-fill-mode -1)))))

inspired by "3.7 Various Message Variables" in the manual,
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/message/Various-Message-Variables.html

But I'd still prefer to use Topic Parameters.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "But I wake up quick                                       Adam Sjøgren
  And I wake up sick"                                  asjo@koldfront.dk