info-gnus-english

Re: Fetching articles by id

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Fetching articles by id
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 06:29:41 +0200

> How can I fetch articles with known id to be included in an existing
> Summary buffer?  `gnus-summary-refer-article' works but also selects an
> displays the article.  It doesn't seem to be based on something that
> doesn't select and display, though.

I do it like this for now (modulo copy-paste-errors):

(1) Get processed marked articles in search group:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(setq articles
      (mapcar #'nnselect-article-number
              gnus-newsgroup-processable))
#+end_src

(2) Add those to the summary buffer of the searched group after opening
it:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(let (current (or (gnus-summary-article-number) gnus-newsgroup-end))
  (mapc (lambda (h)
          (let ((article-number (mail-header-number h)))
            (gnus-summary-goto-subject article-number 'force)))
        (gnus-fetch-headers articles))
  ;; Repair thread display
  (gnus-summary-prepare)
  (gnus-summary-goto-subject current)
  (gnus-summary-position-point)
  (mapc #'gnus-summary-set-process-mark articles))
#+end_src

[ I don't eval that by hand every time of course.  I use hacked
registers to save those process marked ARTICLES in a register, and jump
to that register to insert and process mark the ARTICLES later. ]

Michael.