info-gnus-english

Re: gnus-search-engine set to gnus-search-notmuch and refer threads

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: gnus-search-engine set to gnus-search-notmuch and refer threads
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 03:08:01 +0000

On Thu, Dec 23 2021, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

[...]

> Here's what I've got so far, would you try it out? I'm not sure about

no, that doesn't work because this call:

> +           (if thread-ids
> +            (mapconcat (lambda (thrd) (concat "thread:" thrd))
> +                       thread-ids " or ")
> +             query)

is passing a query *string* to gnus-search-run-search's next method, but
that method (for the indexed parent class in this case) expects a query
represented as an *alist*.  but passing an alist instead, gives rise to
the error i mentioned in the previous mail: the query is run, but on the
current group (which is nnselect), and that group (a search result)
might not contain all messages in the thread (because it contains only
messages found by the original thread).  or at least that's how i'm
understanding things...