info-gnus-english

Re: question about org-link gnus message and gnus registry

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: question about org-link gnus message and gnus registry
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 13:47:50 -1000

physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com> writes:

> scenario:
> i create a org link with org and insert the link into an org file.
> works.
>
> now i move the message inside gnus to another folder.
>
> open the link inside the org file is not valid anymore.

Without getting into unknown territory about why this is, I
have encountered the same problem.

I have a solution that applies only to gmail, so it may not
help. I have some elisp that runs as a hook after a gnus
org-mode link is created, and changes (for instance) "Inbox"
to "All Mail". This takes advantage of the fact that
everything in gmail is always in "All Mail" so the org link is
always valid.

Something similar for non-gmail probably could be cooked up if
you're willing to move the item in question to a common folder
such as an archive.

I don't say that this is a substitute for actually figuring
things out. I have tried Gnorb which tracks via the registry
but never completely got it to be as general as I wished.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

- Via GNU/Linux/Emacs/Gnus/BBDB