info-gnus-english

Re: gnus not slurping mbox files

From: reader
Subject: Re: gnus not slurping mbox files
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2021 21:41:44 -0500

> I've had these lines in gnus for years:
>
>   (setq mail-sources
>              '((file :path "/var/spool/mail/reader")
>                (directory :path "/spool/in/"    :suffix ".in")))
>
> And then I have procmail splitting incomming mail by procmail rules
> into mbox files ending with the suffix `in'  (`in') like
>
>    friend-name.in

I did check the obvious things like permissions and ownership.  None
were involved.  I did dicover that if I take the time to hand create
nnml with the same name minus the suffix `.in' so using the above mbox
group named friend-name.in.  If I hand create an nnml group by the
name `nnml:friend-name' then the next time I press `g' get news and
mail, gnus will slurp that mbox groups into the nnml group I created.

But, that isn't the way its supposed to work... That hand created part
isn't part of the plan. But, at least I have a work around while I'm
slugging away at getting my mail working some way or other.