info-gnus-english

Re: Names & topics

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: Names & topics
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 10:34:30 +0100

Hello Tassilo,

Thank you for your response.

    > Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> writes: Hi Colin,

    >> After much anguish I have succeeded in making an imap group for
    >> an email address. (I'd forgotten how to do it!) The group has the
    >> convoluted name 'nnimap+imap.domain-name.com:INBOX'. How do I
    >> change it to 'nnimap+domain-name:INBOX'? I have tried edited the
    >> info using 'GE', but my edits are not accepted.

    > Define it like so:

    > (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnimap "Fastmail" ;;
    > The name.  (nnimap-address "imap.fastmail.com")) ;; The actual
    > server.

    > Then the groups will be named nnimap+Fastmail:*.

Yes, I had done that originally. Your email, however, prompted me to
look again at my configuration. Entering ^ in the Group buffer, I
discovered two servers with slightly different names but pointing to the
same imap address. I had inadvertently created a second server. I
removed the unwanted server and all is now well. I am going to blame my
email provider (not yandex) for appearing to allow latitude in acceptable imap
addresses:-)

Thank you again.

Best wishes,

Colin.