info-gnus-english

How to copy "raw", but decoded article body to a new buffer?

From: Tim Landscheidt
Subject: How to copy "raw", but decoded article body to a new buffer?
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 11:35:15 +0000

Hi,

(for example) cron sends me programs' outputs with the head-
ers:

I want to copy the output to a new buffer and then do some
stuff there.

O b (gnus-summary-save-article-body-file) will a) save the
article body "washed", i. e. for example word-wrapped &
Co. and b) prepend "X-Gnus-Coding-System: -*- coding: utf-8;
-*-" (?).

C-o (gnus-summary-save-article-mail) will a) save the head-
ers as well and b) not decode the body (which is probably
not a problem for "text/plain; charset=UTF-8", but still).

(O f (gnus-summary-save-article-file) seems to be doing the
same as O b, o (gnus-summary-save-article) the same as C-o.)

Both commands have the disadvantage of saving the article to
a file which I have to then visit, edit, save, delete in-
stead of just creating a new buffer.

How can I copy the "raw", but decoded article body to a new
buffer?

TIA,
Tim