info-gnus-english

Re: splitting Gmail account just copy not move :-(

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: splitting Gmail account just copy not move :-(
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 10:49:40 -0700

physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com> writes:

>> (defun gnus-user-format-function-g (header)
>>   (let ((g-labels (cdr-safe
>>                 (assoc 'X-GM-LABELS
>>                        (mail-header-extra header)))))
>>     (when g-labels
>>       ...do something with labels)))
>>
>> Then use the "%ug" format code in your summary line format. I have no
>> idea what the Gmail labels actually look like, so I can't help you with
>> how to output them, but that should be the easy part.
>>
>> I don't believe there's any way to actually manipulate the labels from
>> within Gnus, though -- I suppose they're different from regular IMAP
>> flags/keywords?
>>
>> Eric
> hello,
> i just viewed the imap.log from gmail.
> as far as i see, at the end there is an entry X-GM-LABELS.
> Does anybody know, what to do with it further?

That just means that Gnus has requested the labels header, not
necessarily that the message has one.

Here's the most certain way I can think of to see if this is working:

1. Using Gmail's web interface, pick a message and add a label to it.
   only that one message in the Summary buffer (with M-1 RET or
   something).
3. Do M-: (mail-header-extra (car gnus-newsgroup-headers))
4. Check if there's a X-GM-LABELS entry in the resulting assoc list.

And let us know what it looks like!