info-gnus-english

Re: splitting Gmail account just copy not move :-(

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: splitting Gmail account just copy not move :-(
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 10:06:41 -0700

physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com> writes:

>> I doubt I'm going to be of any help here, but...
>>
>> Does the same thing happen when moving messages manually? Ie, they still
>> stay in the original group? Splitting and moving manually ought to use
>> the same process.
>>
>> Does anyone know if Gmail's IMAP implementation supports MOVE? Or is it
>> COPY and delete/expunge?
>>
>> Eric
> Yes it is the same in both ways.
> Unfortunately...

Well, it would be weirder if it wasn't!

Is this happening just for the "All Mail" Gmail fake group? If you're
splitting out of "All Mail", the message won't ever actually be deleted
from there. I've seen some people say the "solution" is just to
unsubscribe from All Mail...

Does it happen when splitting from/moving out of other groups?