info-gnus-english

Re: splitting Gmail account just copy not move :-(

From: Lars-Johan Liman
Subject: Re: splitting Gmail account just copy not move :-(
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 11:19:29 +0200

physiculus@gmail.com:
> Hello,
> with the help of Mr. Abrahamsen i manage to split my mail and clear a
> bug.
> But now i'm surprised, that splitting my Gmail account works not fully
> correct.
> Splitting is done correct, but the original mail is not deleted, just copied.
> For my other accounts its working fine.

> Any clues?

I believe this is a "Known Problem(TM)" (at least I have the same),
which pertains to Gmail's (incorrect?) interpretation of IMAP commands,
not to GNUS per se. I haven't found a set of IMAP command flags that
will properly delete the mail from Gmail for you, but I didn't have time
to drill to the bitter end of the bottomless dark pit of Googles
intestines ... :-( If you (or anyone else!) find/knows of a way, I'd be
more than thankful if you would share it with the rest of us.

                                Cheers,
                                  /Liman
--
# Lars-Johan Liman, M.Sc.                !