info-gnu

gdbm-1.10 released [stable]

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: gdbm-1.10 released [stable]
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:18:34 +0200

Hello,

I am pleased to announce the release of GDBM version 1.10.  The most
important change in this version is internationalization support.  Several
localizations are already available.  See below for a detailed discussion
of this and other user-visible changes.

Here are the compressed sources:
  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gdbm/gdbm-1.10.tar.gz   (645KB)

Here are the GPG detached signatures[*]:
  ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gdbm/gdbm-1.10.tar.gz.sig

To reduce load on the main server, use a mirror listed at:
  http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html

Here are the MD5 and SHA1 checksums:

88770493c2559dc80b561293e39d3570  gdbm-1.10.tar.gz
441201e9145f590ba613f8a1e952455d620e0860  gdbm-1.10.tar.gz

[*] You can use either of the above signature files to verify that
the corresponding file (without the .sig suffix) is intact.  First,
be sure to download both the .sig file and the corresponding tarball.
Then, run a command like this:

  gpg --verify gdbm-1.10.tar.gz.sig

If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 55D0C732

and rerun the `gpg --verify' command.

This release was bootstrapped with the following tools:
  Automake 1.11.1
  Autoconf 2.63
  Makeinfo 4.13

User-visible changes in this release:

* Internationalization

GDBM is now fully internationalized.  The following localizations are
available: Finnish, German, Japanese, Polish and Ukrainian.

* Support for close-on-exec flag in gdbm_open (see GDBM_CLOEXEC in the docs).

* Improve testgdbm command system

The testgdbm tool now supports multicharacter commands.

* Bugfixes

** Bug #150.
Tolerate I/O operations returning less bytes than expected.  Retry I/O
if possible.

** Bug #151
Gdbm_open now initializes with zeros the memory allocated for file
header.  Previous versions left uninitialized portions intact, so
they contained whatever happened to be in that memory region at the
moment of allocation.  This created undesired security implications.

** Fix handling of NDBM databases in read-only mode.

--
Regards,
Sergey