info-gnu

GIMP Developers Conference 2003

From: Sven Neumann
Subject: GIMP Developers Conference 2003
Date: 25 Apr 2003 00:03:55 +0200

Hi GIMPers,

I already posted a similar announcement to gimp-developer and
gimp-gegl some time ago but since I'm including more lists now, I will
have to repeat myself a little; I hope you don't mind.

GIMP is approaching the end of another development cycle and we will
have to start making plans about the future. It seems like a good idea
to get the active developers together and that's why we decided that
there will be another GIMP developers conference this summer. We are
thus happy to invite to

                  The GIMP Developers Conference
                      7/8/9/10th August 2003

We have choosen to have the conference at the Chaos Communication Camp
which is an international hacker open air gathering that takes place
near Berlin (Germany). There's a website dedicated to this event and
actually this website is a Wiki [1]. During this mail, I will point
you to some interesting spots in this Wiki. Don't worry if the term
Wiki doesn't ring a bell, you will figure it out.

The camp is an outdoor event with a few thousand hackers camping on a
field near Berlin. There will be electrical power and internet
available all over the place. There is a small lake nearby, food and
drinks are sold for reasonable prices, there will be music and
everything is a lot like a hippie event but with computers all over
the place. But see for yourself:

 https://wiki.camp.ccc.de/Camp/view/Main/CampOverview

The camp will offer a lot of lectures and workshops (which are all
supposed to be in english). There will be some large tents for talks
accompaigned by smaller tents where people get together on specific
topics. The GIMP is supposed to be one of these topics. So we will
have a GIMP tent which means we have our own place to talk GIMPy
things and interested people can just step in and join us. Hopefully
this will also attract some new contributors to the GIMP project.
We've already established some GimpCulture in the camp wiky system and
suggest you start your journey from the

 https://wiki.camp.ccc.de/Camp/view/Main/GimpTent

If you are interested to attend, you surely have more questions. Some
of them may already be answered in the

 https://wiki.camp.ccc.de/Camp/view/Main/GimpConFAQ

The GIMP Developers Conference [2] is mainly targetted at GIMP
developers but the GIMP tent should give room for other GIMP related
activities as well. There will be people from the GIMP Web Team [3]
and we surely wouldn't mind to meet some Gimp users [4].

Please use the anarchistic publishing features that the Wiki offers
and add your ideas, comments, questions,... to our Wiki pages.

Sven

[1] https://wiki.camp.ccc.de/Camp/view/Main/WhatIsAWiki
[2] https://wiki.camp.ccc.de/Camp/view/Main/GIMPDevelopersConference
[3] https://wiki.camp.ccc.de/Camp/view/Main/GIMPWebTeam