info-gnu

SLIB 2d3, JACAL 1b2

From: Brian Youmans
Subject: SLIB 2d3, JACAL 1b2
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:12:48 -0500

I have just released (Scheme Library) SLIB 2d3 and (symbolic mathematics
system) JACAL 1b2.  Using slib2d3, Guile 1.4 passes the JACAL regression
suite.

The SLIB color package provides significant new capabilities which I
believe can be of use to many programs using Guile as an extension
language.  It is comprehensive color computation supporting the standard
color spaces and spectra; metrics and color-name dictionaries;
everything but four-color separations (which must be matched to specific
toner sets).

http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/Color/index.html describes the system
further and links to online documentation:

 SLIB's color package provides methods to specify, compute, and transform
 colors in the color spaces CIEXYZ, CIEL*a*b*, CIEL*u*v*, CIEL*C*h,
 RGB709, sRGB, e-sRGB, xyY, spectra, and chromaticity. It also provides
 for reading and writing of a textual representation of colors; and
 color-name lookup from multiple dynamically-loadable databases.

 Color

    Color Data-Type
    Color Spaces
    Spectra
    Color Difference Metrics
    Color Conversions
    Color Names
    Daylight

                               -=-=-=-=-

http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/Color/Dictionaries.html
analyzes and evaluates several color-name dictionaries on the web.

                               -=-=-=-=-

Free Software color has not reached its potential due to a variety of
technical, commercial, and legal factors.  I believe the tools to
rectify this situation are now in hand.