info-gnu

(no subject)

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:24:53 -0700

I am pleased to announce a new version of the Electric VLSI Design System (version 6.04).

This version has the following changes:
   New network consistency checker based on Gemini.

   Design rules and other MOSIS CMOS conformance improved.

   Improved text facilities (fonts, sizes, styles)

   Arc creation improved

Improved SPICE, Verilog, and IRSIM netlisting. Primitive IRSIM engine built-in.

Improved editing features (selection, cut&paste, frame options, cleanup, "Inst" component entry, arraying, Artwork line types, schematics transistors and busses, icons)

Improved user interface (key binding, thumb dragging, message window location saving, auto-panning, UNIX interface, display control, information commands).

   Improved UNIX build, Alpha compatibility, UNIX Truetype use

Many bug fixes (cross-library I/O, PostScript output, VHDL compiler, FPGA technology)
You can download 6.04 from the GNU site now:
    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/electric/electric-6.04.tar.gz
And you can check the Static Free Software pages (www.staticfreesoft.com) for more information.

   -Steven Rubin

P.S. Be warned that the Static Free Software web pages are under some construction (the ISP's fault, not mine) and so it may be a few days before the site is current with 6.04.