info-gnu-music

LilyPond 1.3.140

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: LilyPond 1.3.140
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 01:29:32 +0100

hi there,

The result of a weekend of modest hacks is available for
download. Highlights:

* 1.3.140 doesn't create RhythmicStaffs unless you ask it to. (Funny,
no one has yet sent in a bugreport. All of you do slavishly download
and compile our new releases, right ?)

* Jan "finished" his Coriolan ouverture (I guess it will be submitted
to mutopia Real Soon Now (tm)), and started with the neat idea of
mutopia-ports. The basic idea is that you go into the mutopia
subdirectory, run some magic command that downloads the .ly from the
archive, and presto, you've got a mutopia score typeset with the
latest lilypond. I'll leave it to Jan to explain the nit-gritty
details, since it's too late in the evening for me to use my brains.

* More documentation.

The documentation is almost where we want it to be for 1.4, so my
guess is that there will be a stable 1.4 release within a month or
so. If you need some feature or bug urgently fixed before we ship it,
now
is the time to complain.

1.3.139.jcn5
============

* Coriolan gets mutopia-id 57.

* Experimental start of ports to mutopia archive.

* Bugfix: ly2dvi: added letter support, catch indexing with unknown
papersize names.

* ly2dvi: removed warning message and changed --set=papersizename= to
--set=papersize=.  This fixes mutopia letter-targets.

* Small fixes to Coriolan.

* Bugfix: don't typeset suicided multi-measure-rests, don't set
multi-measure-rests spanning less than one measure.

* Bugfix: line-column-location.

* Allow markup text for crecscendoText and decrescendoText.

* Changed part combiner's a due text: `a2 to a2.

* Bugfix: info direntries.

* Automated fixing of info structure.  Build now stops on info errors.
This should robustify documentation and website builds.  To undo this,
remove the target `info: check-info' from
Documentation/user/GNUmakefile.

1.3.139.hwn1

* Move Multi_measure_rest up/down in combined parts.

* Renamed FollowThread into VoiceFollower, followThread into
followVoice.

* lilypond-book: changed nonfragment into nofragment

* Cleanups for ledgered rests.

* Bugfix; don't create RhythmicStaff if asking for Staff.

* Bugfix: sparseTies.

* Reference manual: hara kiri, font selection

* changed font-point-size into font-design-size