info-gnu-music

lily 1.3.100

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: lily 1.3.100
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 00:58:36 +0100

.100 is here.  I did some pretty invasive brain-surgery on the
backend; the way font-selection is handled for normal symbols has now
been cleaned up as well. The code still runs largely as Scheme, so
it's bound to be a little slow, but it works nicely now. In the
process I broke the implementation of chord-names and direct
PostScript output (sorry about that).

I also changed the internal representation of dimensions: dimensions
in LilyPond used to be represented in printer points, which are not
scale independent. To fudge in scale-independency, we had to lots of
multiplying and division by staff-space withing the source code.

That's been changed now: dimensions are internally represented as
multiples of staffspace, as defined in the \paper block. The result is
cleaner and simpler code, so hopefully, less bugs in the future.

This is one of those development releases that qualify as
Experimental, so don't try it for your urgent homework assignments.

1.3.99.hwn2

* Tweaks of .scm font-selection.

* Rewrote font management of Score_element and Paper_def.

* Introduced outputscale: internally do computation in terms of
outputscale.  Prepare to deprecate staffspace internally.  Rewrote
.scm side of font selectioning.

1.3.99.jcn1

* Made several font size and initialisation fixes.