info-edma

[Info-edma] GNU/EDMA Beta 0.11.1 in CVS

From: David Martinez
Subject: [Info-edma] GNU/EDMA Beta 0.11.1 in CVS
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:06:09 +0200 (CEST)

GNU/EDMA CVS has been update. Version number was changed to 0.11 due to
heavy internal structures changes and some minor external API changes.

Major changes are listed bellow
-------------------------------
* Internal object table structure changed.
  - Number of objects is no longer fixed
  - Provides required infrastructures for ongoing hotswapping facilities
* Cast and clonning primitives moved to their own source files
* Minor Bugs Fixed

In current 0.11.x version most of the planed infrastructures to
application run-time update are provided, but at the moment they must be
done manually, through the new "edma_swap_obj" primitive. You can find an
example in tests/update on how to hotswap two objects at run-time.

Similar changes to the one done to the internal object table are being
done on the class table. It is very probable that next version API get
changed, but I hope that only adding new primitives, I mean, current
primitives will maintain current interface, but new ones will be added.

Those changes will allow applications to use its own classes, without
installing them in the general registry, and they will also allow
programmers to create metaclasses.

Best Regards
--
David Martínez Oliveira