divest

From: Bel Tracy
Subject: divest
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 06:30:24 -0500

Benson worked for money andhe made plenty of mistakes.
Well, just multiply these thoughts by millions of fellowslike me.
I guess were notvery refined when we get mad, Adolf.
We cannot compute mortality statistics for occupiedPoland. Imfrom Blue Eye, Missouri, and the side-walks of New York.
The Navy wasnt supposed to sink five Jap aircraftcarriers in the battle of Midway.
NARRATOR: Thats what the clock keeps ticking, Adolf. We kick about taxes and we kick about red tape.
NARRATOR: Heres one from an airplane plant.
NARRATOR: How about it, twenty million workmen? Were crazy about jigs and dies and tools that maketools. The war against the children of your foesWith bombs and treachery and slow starvation. Thats what youve done to the women of Germany. Four and a half million of us by the end of this year. I used to be a carpenter and a schoolteacher and a soda jerkerand a mechanic. Its a war in which laborer andemployer must fight shoulder to shoulder or perish side by side.
It will go to Corregidor andthere await transportation. We sat around and argued, over here, while you were cooking with gas. The last war was bad and yet it was far awayFor us, for most here, for the lucky.
But I am not so much like those people in Ohio as I usedto be.
Bataan may fall but the eventual outcome of the war isforeordained.
All unions are now a part of the Labor Front.
NARRATOR: Heres one from an airplane plant.
Nobody ever leftthis world alive and very few of us get to die for a cause. Every time I complete myparticular work on an airplane assembly, I speed it on the way tomy sons.
We are not a people who could survive bynonresistance.
But I have also seen some very wonderful acts ofcourage, self-sacrifice and loyalty.