violet

From: Ida Cochran
Subject: violet
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:33:35 -0700

I read of it in thestars, though God alone can point it out.
The tale is not yet finished, he answered quietly. He swallowed it and asked formore which he drank also. CHAPTER XIX THE LADY OF THE LITTERThe weary days went on.
Indeed from the writing Ijudged that for some reason or other it was never finished.
Myra had penned this second letter as she hadpenned the first.
Thereon he fled, fearing lest they should take him also, whichthey made no attempt to do. If ever you would clasp me in your arms and look again upon a happy house, fail me not now.
If theprophet knew aught of her fate he hid it from me.
What did he mean when he spokeof my going in danger day by day?
Then it cannot be for me, upon whose countenance no lady has lookedfor months, I answered smiling.
The guards of the household ofBelshazzar have snatched away Myra.
Yet they fear him for he never forgets and his vengeance isvery terrible.
Now I was quite alone andsave my servants and sometimes the prophet, I saw no man.
Then I willworship him whom otherwise I name but another idol.
There is a feast to-night in the great hall of the palace, which feast you must attend. I read of it in thestars, though God alone can point it out.
Yet if these things were not known, why did I go in danger? I raved; I cursed; yes, Ireviled this Daniel or Belteshazzar.
This was well, for in an hour much might happen.
I cannot say, but doubtless there is a road. Be bold and come, lest we be parted for ever.
Perhaps you have been told the story, Master. Yes, I, a man of full age and a captain of men, weptlike a girl! Perhaps you have been told the story, Master. Have I not told you to wait and becontent? The lightning showed them clearly, also many menin flight. We go to that house whence once you lookedupon a garden. The guards of the household ofBelshazzar have snatched away Myra.
For the rest, he had only bidden me to bide here inthis house. He gave me sacred books to read and expounded theirmysteries.
So I obeyed him; only I did this, knowing that if it were not lawfulhe would forbid me.
If ever you would clasp me in your arms and look again upon a happy house, fail me not now.