iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] avowal GPA

From: Dolores Sawyer
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] avowal GPA
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 04:22:03 +0300

Atlength he asked her whether it was true that her mistress was married.
Well, if so, soon my sorrows would bedone. Afterwards my arms were loosed although my feet remained shackled, andI was given food. True, O King, answered the black-robed man in a deep and solemnvoice, I understand one god only.
Certainly he was not among the fleeingmerchants. I behold him, I whispered back, and went on bowing. Also they would search my clothes andbelongings piece by piece, and find the letters. Let this lady and her servantbe given into my charge till the will of God concerning her is known. Certainly he was not among the fleeingmerchants. At last a messenger came whowhispered to the watching eunuch.
Truly a plot well worthy of the base-born venturer whosits upon the throne of Egypt. Yet fate has brought me back to Babylon, as soon or late, Iknew well that it would do.
Now I could see her well for the lightfrom a high window fell upon her. Yes, Isprang from one who sat upon that throne before him.
Nabonidus lifted his hand and they were silent.
Obey,lest some of you be shortened by a head. Because, O King, I am already wed and therefore unmeet for the royalhousehold. Spies are best dead, O King, replied the vizier coldly. Her body was thrown into the river and found with a letter in her robethat told all the tale. In Babylon Ihave an enemy who has wrought me worse wrong than any that you suffer.
Therefore we let him go lest he should bring the curse of Marduk uponus. But it was not so, forpresently once more I found myself in my prison where they left mealone. I have a petition to make, O King, answered the prophet.
May the royal Lady, his wife, live for ever. Now I who had been studying the statue, was moved to speak.
These idols, as you call them, are extremely powerful. The Kingknows what I am and my manner of life. I know not how, I know only that Igo to be avenged. Not only was I cramped and shaken, but my heart was as sore as mylimbs.
Without examination I cannot say whether it be Ptah or Bes. Atlength he asked her whether it was true that her mistress was married.
The maid wasone of spirit and because she fought against fate, she was murdered.
Now is the King satisfied that I am a trueman, to prove which I have told him all this story?
This old woman is a babbling fool, he said. Well, if so, soon my sorrows would bedone. Still it was one of which the king soon wearied,especially as the officer interpreted but ill.