Re: [igraph] betweenness non-integer values for vertex?

From: Szabolcs Horvát
Subject: Re: [igraph] betweenness non-integer values for vertex?
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 12:05:36 +0200

Dear Thomas,

This mailing list will be shut down soon. Please use
https://igraph.discourse.group/ instead.

What you quote is a good intuitive handle for understanding
betweenness, but if you look at the mathematical definition,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betweenness_centrality#Definition

you will see that if there is a pair of vertices between which there
is more than one minimum length path, the betweenness value may not be
integer.