Re: [igraph] [Possible Bug - python igraph]

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] [Possible Bug - python igraph]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 07:33:43 +0100

I am writing in reference to a problem with python-graph. When I use the motifs_randesu() function, the list returned have nan values, it’s my problem this is a bug?
If it’s a bug, should I report it to igraph/python-igraph or igraph/igraph?

This is not a bug; the RANDESU motifs algorithm does not count disconnected motifs, so we return NaN for these slots (instead of 0, which would indicate that the motifs were counted and there were zero of them). This is documented here:

https://igraph.org/c/doc/igraph-Motifs.html#igraph_motifs_randesu