Re: [igraph] fruchterman reingold

From: Stephen Davies
Subject: Re: [igraph] fruchterman reingold
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 16:07:04 +0000

    I've only had luck using the Kamada-Kawai layout algorithm for this. When
you draw the graph, you can give the previous coordinates of the vertices to
layout_with_kk() (via the coords parameter) and it will use those as a starting
point in its algorithm. This allows me to create smooth animations of dynamic
graphs without the vertices jumping randomly all over the place from frame to
frame.

    https://igraph.org/r/doc/layout_with_kk.html

    Best of luck,

- Stephen Davies, Ph.D.