Re: [igraph] Global efficiency igraph Python

From: Serafeim Loukas
Subject: Re: [igraph] Global efficiency igraph Python
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 15:03:08 +0100

Thank you for your response.

I have one more general question. I am trying to calculate the induced subgraph of neighbors centered at a specific vertex (v). I am using the subgraph or induced_subgraph function but I always get only one node in my subgroup.

E.g:

1. g = Graph.GRG(50, 0.2)  #number of nodes =50
2. sub_gr=g.subgraph(5,implementation="auto") # sub_gr is a subgraph
3. n=a.vcount()
4. print  n

>>> 1

Do I do something wrong? Even if I change the value 5 in line 2, the results is 1. So every single time I get a subgraph with one node.

Thank you,

Hello,

I'm pretty sure that you can calculate it, but there is no built-in function for it. You need to calculate the shortest path lengths using igraph and then just follow the formula in the paper.

T.