[igraph] Diameter and average distance in huge graphs

From: Ana Serafimovic
Subject: [igraph] Diameter and average distance in huge graphs
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 04:31:07 +0000 (UTC)

Hi everyone,

Can anybody help me calculate the diameter and the average distance in a very
large network (ca 400000 nodes, 10^7 undirected edges)? Could I perhaps somehow
call the igraph diameter function in parallel mode on my machine?

Also, I was wondering if there is a function that calculate the distance
between two given nodes? I could only find distances, to calculate all the
distances, but it crashes for a graph as big as mine.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Ana

 Welcome to the address@hidden
 mailing list!

 If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg,
 switch to
 or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit
 your
 subscription page at:

https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/options/igraph-help/anaserafimovic%40yahoo.com

 You can also make such adjustments via email by sending a
 message to:

   address@hidden

 with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include
 the

 You must know your password to change your options
 (including changing
 the password, itself) or to unsubscribe without
 confirmation.  It is:

   766Fqa

 Normally, Mailman will remind you of your nongnu.org mailing
 list
 passwords once every month, although you can disable this if
 you
 prefer.  This reminder will also include instructions
 on how to
 unsubscribe or change your account options.  There is
 also a button on
 your options page that will email your current password to
 you.