Re: [igraph] Installing igraph - cannot find -lgfortran

From: Hermann Norpois
Subject: Re: [igraph] Installing igraph - cannot find -lgfortran
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 11:50:49 +0100

I figured out that there was no libfortran in /usr/lib, it was in /usr/lib/x86... So I made a link.
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgfortran.so.3 /usr/lib/gfortran.so

But it did not change anything.

I guess this could mean something but I dont know how to solve it:

ldconfig|grep libgfortran
/sbin/ldconfig.real: Can't create temporary cache file /etc/ld.so.cache~: Permission denied

Thanks Hermann

I already tried that but it did not help. I deleted r-base-dev as well and reinstalled it because it depends on gfortran. But it did not help.

It could be the case that /usr/lib/libgfortran.so is a broken symlink resulting from earlier package installations, removals and OS upgrades. Try this:

sudo dpkg --purge gfortran
sudo apt-get install gfortran

T.