[igraph] Complicated calculation on edges

From: Baumgartner,Marcel,VEVEY,FC-NGA Data Analytics
Subject: [igraph] Complicated calculation on edges
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 15:54:39 +0000

Dear all,

I have a graph as illustrated on page 1 in the attached pdf. It is directed, and has weights on the edges, quantities. I need to calculate a value for all the F* nodes. I assume that the graph is looking as illustrated: for example it is not possible to have an edge from H2 to H4.

In slide 2, I transform the quantities into parts. I basically take the outgoing edge from every node, sum the total quantity, and calculate the part of each edge.

In slide 3, I then focus only on the F* nodes. I take their incoming edge, and multiply it by the part of the incoming edge of the incoming edge.

By doing this I obtain a part of each F* node, which sums up to 1 (up to rounding). My goal is to have for each F* this part, which represents somehow how much of R1 is used.

Is there an easy and elegant way to obtain this within a igraph in R? Thanks!

Best regards

Marcel Baumgartner

Nestlé

Av. Nestlé 55