[igraph] looking for cool examples of using igraph

From: Szabolcs Horvát
Subject: [igraph] looking for cool examples of using igraph
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 12:28:48 +0200

Hi everyone,

I am looking for "cool" examples to show off the capabilities of
igraph, especially to people who are not deeply familiar with graph
theory.  I am in particular looking for examples that utilize the more
unique features of igraph rather than standard stuff that all graph
handling packages have: coloured graph isomorphism, subgraph finding
(motifs, LAD), community finding (igraph excels here), feedback arc
set, etc.

The best examples would be problems that don't look like graph theory
on the surface yet can be mapped to the kinds of graph-related
problems for which igraph already has a solution.

One example that I am going to use is mapping polyomino tiling into
clique finding.

But generally anything that has the potential to look stunning with
relatively little explanation is useful.  Visualizations of polynomios
look stunning and the tiling problem can be explained in a minute to
anyone without much of a math background.

Szabolcs