[igraph] the impossibility to install igraph

From: Chiao-Jou Lin
Subject: [igraph] the impossibility to install igraph
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 18:46:52 +0200

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is Chiao and I am writing to know how to solve some problems I met regarding the impossibility to install packages including igraph, devtools, and Matrix.

According to my lecturer, one way to solve the problem is to change  the security setting of my R folder and also Specify a folder for installation of the libraries (for each package).

However, my mac laptop still can not work. The console showed that
> install.packages("igraph")
trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/macosx/mavericks/contrib/3.3/igraph_1.0.1.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 6598610 bytes (6.3 MB)
downloaded 6.3 MB

tar: Failed to set default locale

The downloaded binary packages are in
/var/folders/d5/3j28rxgs4y95c4pfjfxn7t580000gn/T//RtmpjOXrw1/downloaded_packages
[please refer to the attached screen shot 'Failed to..']

For the package 'devtools', 'Matrix', they both had the same warning.

After searching on website, I followed the instruction that put a code sentence at the final line like

system("defaults write org.R-project.R force.LANG en_US.UTF-8")
[as the attached screen shot 'system..' ]

I have no idea what to do next. Please help me to solve the problem.
I am looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Chiao