[igraph] Questions about the watts_strogatz parameters for creating smal

From: Daniele Capocefalo
Subject: [igraph] Questions about the watts_strogatz parameters for creating small world network [python-igraph]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 18:01:27 +0200

Hello Everyone,

First of all, congratulations for the huge work in developing igraph! I'm pretty new to the library usage but I'm finding it quite useful and well-documented!

Nevertheless, I'm finding some trouble understanding the Watts_Strogatz implementation. I can't figure out what the dim and size parameters means.

I thought that the dim and size were supposed to specify the number of nodes describing in the lattice (something like N = dim*size), however this does not seems to be true. so what do they mean precisely?

I.E., how many nodes and edges will be generated from the lattice in the example below, without considering the rewiring probability?
igraph.Graph.Watts_Strogatz(4, 25, 3, 0.5)

(I am also pretty new to network analysis, so apologies if the question may sound too naive. )

Thanks a lot for your support!

All Best,

Daniele
--
———
Daniele Capocefalo

Tel: +39 06 44160526 - Fax: +39 06 44160548
E-mail: address@hidden
Web page: http://www.css-mendel.it/
Web page: http://bioinformatics.css-mendel.it