Re: [igraph] How to optimise layout without 'area' option?

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] How to optimise layout without 'area' option?
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 11:56:23 +0000

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Mostowy, Rafal J
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks, this sounds insanely complicated. I don’t understand why someone
> would discontinue such a useful parameter, it’s not very user-friendly.

Two reasons:
1. The old implementation had nothing to do with the original
Fruchterman-Reingold layout, as in the publication.
2. I used external code for the old implementation and I wanted to get
rid of that code, so that its authors do not have copyright over
igraph's current codebase.

You can also find the old implementation in the 'sna' R package, so I
think the easiest is just to use that.

Gabor

[...]