[igraph] Q about degree centralization

From: Yao, Ting
Subject: [igraph] Q about degree centralization
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 21:31:44 +0000

Hello,
I tested the following command using a simple non-directed 7 node
star-network:

centr_degree(g, normalized = FALSE)$centralization %>%
`/`(centr_degree_tmax(g))

centr_degree(g, normalized = TRUE)$centralization

The first one reported answer 1 and the second one reported answer 0.83.
Theoretically, they should both report 1. I found that the reported
theoretical maximum is g(g-1), not (g-1)*(g-2). Could anyone advise why this
happened?

Any input is appreciated.
Ting