Re: [igraph] Less clumsy ways to use the python-igraph API

From: Konstantin Seiler
Subject: Re: [igraph] Less clumsy ways to use the python-igraph API
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 09:27:15 +1100

Hi Tamas,
thanks a lot for your reply.

On 18/02/16 02:57, Tamas Nepusz wrote:
You can simply rely on the fact that the vertex will have the highest index in the graph since igraph always indexes vertices from 0 to |V|-1 where |V| is the number of vertices.

Are the vertex and edge orders guaranteed by the API? Will vertices and edges always be in the order they were created? Or are there any circumstances where the order of vs and es change?

I'm asking because I don't want to rely on implementation details that may change with the next version.

select() method is not one of these places. Feel free to file a feature request at https://github.com/igraph/python-igraph/issues

Thanks. I'll file a few feature requests for api improvements.

Cheers,
Konstantin