[igraph] community detection help

From: Priyanka Dhingra
Subject: [igraph] community detection help
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 13:07:04 -0500

Hi All

I am new user of igraph. I would like to run edge betweenness community algorithm for a set of nodes. I have a large network with 17088 nodes and 120,099 interactions.The edge betweenness community detection algorithm uses edge betweenness function as stated in the documentation:
"edge.betweenness.community performs this algorithm by calculating the edge betweenness of the graph, removing the edge with the highest edge betweenness score, then recalculating edge betweenness of the edges and again removing the one with the highest score, etc."

Given a complex graph can we input a list of specific edges to remove. In my case i have 200 nodes affected by mutational events and I would like know whether these nodes belong to single community or not.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Priya
Ph.D.